The Red Cross building, located at 96 Worth Avenue has
served several functions since its construction in 1942, most recently as the office of the Honor Guard for funerals at the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
In 2006, the JBHF began restoration of this facility for
the purpose of creating an Educational Center and Museum dedicated to the American Citizen Soldier.
With the restoration complete in 2007, this building is
currently the headquarters of the JBHF and the
Museum-Educational Center portion of the project is
Once completed, the center piece of the Citizen Soldier Museum will be the Wall of Honor which will commemorate the military service of the men and women who have served our country proudly in the Armed Forces as Regulars or in the National Guard and Reserves. In addition there will be video exhibits and dioramas depicting the history of Jefferson Barracks and highlighting the life and times of America’s Citizen Soldiers.